CIS Colloquium, Sep 24, 2009, 11:00AM - 12:30PM, Tuttleman 300AB
Speeding up MATLAB Applications
Jeremy Barry, The MathWorks, Inc.
In this session we will discuss and demonstrate simple ways to improve and optimize your code that can boost execution speed by orders of magnitude. We will also address common pitfalls in writing m-code, explore the use of the MATLAB Profiler to find bottlenecks, and briefly introduce our Parallel Computing Toolbox and Distributed Computing Server to solve computationally and data-intensive problems on multicore computers and clusters. Highlights include:
- Understand memory usage and vectorization in MATLAB
- Address bottlenecks in your programs
- Optimize file I/O to streamline your code
- Transition from serial to parallel MATLAB programs
- Execute applications on a single multicore or multiprocessor desktop
Jeremy Barry holds an MSEE and BSEE from the Virginia Tech. He joined The MathWorks, Inc. in October 2004, holding roles in the Engineering Development Group, Product Management and currently Application Engineering.