From: Nicole C.
Subject: SDM09 Paper Submission Information from SIAM
Dear Contributed Speakers and Poster Presenters:
Congratulations – your paper/poster has been accepted for presentation at the SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM09), April 30 – May 2, 2009, at the John Ascuaga’s Nugget, Sparks, Nevada.
In order to participate, the following steps must be taken:
1. Final Proceeding papers and copyright right agreements are due to SIAM by January 26, 2009. This is a HARD DEADLINE. The instructions on submitting final papers and the copyright agreement are included in this email. You also should submit your final paper to https://www.softconf.com/s08/sdm09/.
2. Confirm your participation to Conference Registrar, Wendy Hannan (email@example.com), no later than February 19, 2009.
3. Abstract Submission - All contributed presentations in lecture or poster, must submit a talk title and a brief abstract not to exceed 75 words to SIAM. Please submit contributed presentations in lecture or poster format using the Conference Management System available at: http://meetings.siam.org/start.cfm?CONFCODE=dt09. Detailed submission instructions are appended below.
Check information of importance to you (name, affiliation, talk title and abstract). THIS INFORMATION WILL BE USED FOR PUBLICATION ON THE CONFERENCE WEB SITE AND THE FINAL PRINTED PROGRAM.
Be sure final abstracts and titles are submitted by 4:00 PM EST on January 26, 2009. Only cancellations and replacement speakers will be updated after this time.
4. Avoid cancellations and complete your registration by Monday, March 31, 2009! Failure to register by the deadline may result in the cancellation of your talk. Complete registration information will be available in January 2009 at http://www.siam.org/meetings/sdm09/reginfo.php .
In addition to the items above, remember to make your hotel reservations, travel arrangements and to review SIAM’s audio visual policy. The hotel reservation deadline is March 31, 2009. Be sure to mention you are attending the SIAM conference to qualify for the reduced room rate ($127 per night, plus tax). Information on registration fees, hotel and transportation is now available at http://www.siam.org/meetings/sdm09/index.php. The program schedule will be posted in February 2009 at the same site.
Thank you for your interest in SIAM conferences. We look forward to your participation.
Huan Liu, Arizona State University
Zoran Obradovic, Temple University
SDM09 Program Co-Chairs
Accessing and Using SIAM's Conference Management System (CMS)
Go to http://meetings.siam.org/start.cfm?CONFCODE=dt09
The following prompt will appear on the screen: Please enter your name or the name of the primary contact if it is not you.
Enter only your first name in the "first" block and enter only your last name in the "Last" block.
If you have used the SIAM Conference Management System (CMS) before, or been listed as an author by someone else using the system, your name and affiliation will appear (as submitted), with a button to the right of your name that reads "this is me." Click on this button. Read the "Contact Information." If changes are required you may make them here by clicking on "contact update."
If your contact information is not on file in SIAM's CMS a message will appear "No match found." Proceed by clicking on "Make new entry." This will allow you to enter your contact information. After entering all requested information, click on the "Submit and proceed to participation" button.
*****HOW TO SUBMIT A CONTRIBUTED LECTURE OR POSTER*****
1. On the
right side of the screen, scroll down to the section that reads
2. Click on your preferred format (lecture or poster)
3. Next to "Total number of authors (including yourself) change the number in the box to reflect the correct number of authors.
up to three classifications that best describes your submission.
5. Enter an optional keyword.
6. Click on "Abstract Submission" button
7. In the first available block, enter the title of the abstract.
8. In the next available block, enter the abstract (follow the instructions on the screen).
9. Click on "Proceed to Preview"
10. Read the information on the screen and then click "Preview TeX Abstract"
11. Read the information on the screen and then scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on "Click this link to display TeX Compiled Abstract"
the information on the screen and click your browser "back" button
13. Scroll down the screen to the password section.
14. Enter a password and password reminder.
15. Click on "Submit TeX Abstract"
16. An acknowledgment page appears next. Print this for your records. This page lists: the title of the abstract and your password.
Instructions for Submitting
Final Versions of Accepted Papers and Posters:
Preparing Your Paper
We would like to encourage you to prepare your paper in LaTeX2e. Papers should be formatted using the SIAM Data Mining macro, which is available through the SIAM website. You can access it at http://www.siam.org/tex/books/booktex.htm. The filename is soda2e.all. Make sure you use the macros for Data Mining proceedings; papers prepared using other proceedings macros will not be accepted.
No chapter numbers, running heads, or page numbers should be included in your file. If your paper does not meet these requirements, it may not be included in the proceedings.
Check your paper carefully for typos and send only the final version as SIAM will not be making any corrections to your file. If the title of your paper has changed since you submitted your abstract, please let us know. Additionally, if you have added or dropped an author, please let us know.
SIAM has designed the macro and formatting instructions to ensure a uniform presentation throughout the proceedings. If formatting instructions are not followed, we cannot guarantee that your paper will be included in the proceedings.
Regular and poster papers should have a maximum length of 12 pages.
Because of the large number of contributors, we must ask you to adhere strictly to the page limitation specified. If your paper exceeds this amount, it may not be included in the proceedings.
Submission of Paper
You must submit your paper in .pdf format. PDFs must be created using Adobe Acrobat. If you are unable to create your PDF using Adobe Acrobat, please submit the Postscript file of your paper (with fonts embedded) to SIAM for PDF creation.
Name your file SubmissionID_lastname.pdf and submit it to ftp.siam.org, using the anonymous login. Place your file in the folder pub/incoming/datamining2009.
Please make sure that your file is transferred in binary mode. We are unable to receive files transferred in ASCII mode.
Please notify Nancy Griscom via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) when you have ftp’d your files to SIAM. Due to the volume of submissions leading up to the due date, notification of receipt of your file may not be immediate.
A signed copyright release must be submitted by the January 26, 2009 deadline. Please fill out the title and author information on the attached copyright form and sign it. Then mail or fax it to SIAM. We cannot publish your paper without this document.
Nicole Jorlett, CMP
Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
3600 Market St, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, Pa 19104-2688
Telephone: 215-382-9800 x 305