Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Data Analytics and Biomedical Informatics,
Computer and Information Sciences Department,
Center for Data Analytics and Biomedical Informatics
323 Wachman Hall
1805 N. Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Office: +1 215 204 5773
Fax: +1 215 204 5082
vladan <at> temple <dot> edu
Machine Learning, Data Mining, Spatial and Temporal Data Mining, Analysis of Big Data from Heterogeneous Sources, Multivariate Model Predictive Control, Therapy Optimization, Seismic Data Processing.
Ph.D., Center for Data Analytics and Biomedical Informatics, Department of Computer and Information Sciences, Temple University, Philadelphia, USA, 2006 - 2011. Advisor: Prof. Zoran Obradovic
Thesis: Gaussian Conditional Random Fields in Remote Sensing
GPA: 4 out of 4
DARPA Postdoctoral Fellow at Temple University, 2012 - present
Philadelphia, USA, Mentor: Dr. Zoran Obradovic
- DARPA funded Prospective Analysis of Large and Complex Partially Observed Temporal Social Networks
- Developing a representationally powerful Gaussian Conditional Random Field model for analysis of large and complex temporal social networks.
- Participated in writing grant proposal that was based on my Ph.D. research.
- DARPA funded Predictive Modeling of Patient State and Therapy Optimization
- Developing model predictive control methods for personalized optimization of therapeutic strategies.
- Participated in writing grant proposal.
Research Intern at Siemens Corporate Research, May 2011 - August 2011
Princeton, NJ, Mentor: Dr. Justinian Rosca
- Seismic Data Processing
- Developed an alternative method for separation of overlapping simultaneous sources from massive seismic data. The research resulted in a paper and in a part of an invention.
- Smart Grid Applications
- Designed and implemented a web based interactive tool relying on OpenLayers map interface that visualizes results of assessment of communications technology options for smart grid applications.
Research Intern at Siemens Corporate Research, May 2010 - August 2010
Princeton, NJ, Mentor: Dr. Mathaeus Dejori
- Long-Term Bridge Performance Program
- Applied and evaluated machine learning and statistical methods for outlier detection, missing value imputation, and spatio-temporal prediction of roadside weather data.
- GPS-Based Analysis of Travel Behavior
- Designed and implemented a model for map-matching of large Global Positioning System (GPS) data onto a road map with millions of links. Developed a system for visualization of traffic data. Participated in writing and filling of an invention disclosure.
Research Assistant at Temple University, 2006 - 2011
Philadelphia, PA, Advisor: Dr. Zoran Obradovic
- NSF funded Discriminative Modeling Framework for Mining of Spatio-Temporal Data in Remote Sensing IIS-1117433
- Developed methods for making the massive amounts of information collected by NASAs satellites and ground based sensors more useful by improving the integration and estimation of the data. Created and implemented Gaussian Conditional Random Field tool for regression on spatio-temporal data. Participated in writing grant proposals.
Research Assistant at School of Electrical Engineering, 2003 - 2008
Belgrade, Serbia, Advisor: Dr. Branimir Reljin
- European Cooperation in the Field of Scientific and Technical Research, COST292 Work Group 5 project
- Worked on semantic analysis, retrieval and conceptualization for high level annotation of digital audiovisual content.
- Object-Oriented Programming (Java)
- Data Structures (Java)
- Programming in C (C)
- Project in CIS (Java/C/C++)